I get asked this question quite a lot and just recently I posted a fun reel about it on my Instagram feed, but all jokes aside, here are just a few key points to keeping your flowers in pristine, tip-top condition and dust free:
- Make sure that your flower isn't hanging up in an area where they are going to be constantly rubbed or banged up against as this will in time permanently damage the outer petals and the overall look of your flower.
- Keep your flowers out of direct sunlight - sunlight is definitely not your friend when it comes to crepe-paper flowers as they are not UV resistant, so in time it will fade the colour of your flower which is probably not the look you are going for.
- It's a bit obvious I know, but any area where there is moisture or condensation is a definite no-no for our crepe-paper flowers.
- Just like with any other piece of decor in the home, they all need dusting from time to time and our crepe-paper flowers are no different. So, when it comes to keeping them dust free then there are a few things that you can do:
- If your flower is on a hook, then remove it from the wall, turn it upside down and give it a bit of a shake and gently run your fingers through the petals to remove any remaining dust.
- You can give with flower a gentle dusting in between the layers with a feather duster.
- Taking a lint free cloth you can gently dust in between the petal layers.
I hope that you found this article useful and it helps you enjoy your flowers for many moons to come!
Thanks for reading,