Here at The Paper Petal Studio we are all about designing and creating sustainable floral creations for both the indoor and outdoor events industry. To that end we do our best to source, where possible, our raw materials from environmentally conscious suppliers.
What we are doing so far:
- We source our premium crepe paper in a wide variety of grades, colours and thicknesses from a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC Certified) supplier in Italy.
- When we first started making paper flowers we used polystyrene balls for the basis of our flowers, however following some research in this area we found an environmentally friendly alternative to using polystyrene in the form of high quality cotton balls from a supplier in France.
- Our specialty foam materials are sourced from our Eastern Europe supplier. This material is certified for environmental safety and is already being widely used in the consumer goods, automotive and construction industry. Due to its elasticity, UV and water resistance (to name but a few of its characteristics) we find it a very versatile material to work with in the creation of bespoke, giant floral creations for our clients.
- The containers we use for our giant bouquets are all fibre drums, which we source from a local business here In Co. Wicklow. They are made using raw materials from a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC Certified) mill.
- All paper and foam offcuts from our projects are either recycled and used in another project or recycled following the manufacturers instructions.
- Where possible we use non-toxic paints and mediums to add colour and texture to our client's bespoke floral creations.
- All of our paper and foam flowers are packaged in cardboard boxes using biodegradable paper and paper packaging.
As our business grows we will be constantly reviewing the above as we look at ways in which we can work to better support our environment and other local businesses.